I love a good podcast.
My personal podcast diet is eclectic and changes daily, but my staples include anything to do with health, fashion/ design, the lives of Entrepreneurs and anything marketing. I gobble up marketing.
Finding an endearing podcast is like discovering and awesome coffee spot, or a new yoga studio, or a fantastic basic tee, it’s thrilling.
One of the things I love about podcasts is how accessible they are. Podcasts make every subject, however crazy, boring, taboo, daunting, or wonderful, available anywhere, anytime – in a fun, easy-to-consume way. Need a break from laborious studying at 9pm at night? Listen to a podcast. Need to comfortably argue your stance on MacBeth to your English class? Listen to a podcast. Waiting at the bus stop? Listen to a podcast. Wanting to feel inspired but don’t know how? You get the drift.
Podcasts are one of the easiest ways to get inspired. Whether you want advice, motivation, introductions to new careers pathways or just want to laugh, podcasts are perfect. To us at The Cool Career, podcasts are convenient, often ad-free, bite sized chunks of goodness delivered to us with the touch of a button.
The podcast app is like google for your ears… Instant Gratification.
So which ones should you absolutely, without a doubt, 100 percent have in your Year 12 arsenal? We have rounded up the cream of the crop, The 10 best podcasts that you need to listen to right now.
- Girlboss Radio – If you are a girl and not listening to this podcast then WHAT. ARE. YOU. DOING? This is my favourite all time podcast. It features Sophia Amoruso, Nasty Gal Founder and author of New York Times Best Seller #Girlboss as she interviews world-class girlbosses who have made their mark on the world. She extracts their advice and lessons and packages it all up in a fun, cool conversation. Ahhhh, reminds us a little about this website.
- Modern Love – Ok, I’m not afraid to say it. I can sometimes be a little lost in love. Well babes guess what? Love comes in all shapes and sizes and that is why we are obsessed with this podcast. Hosted by Meghna Chakrabarti, the podcast follows stories of love, loss and redemption Hollywoods most famous actors and actresses such as Emmy Rossum and Sarah Silverman.
- Women Of The Hour – Lena Dunham, Lena Dunham, Lena Dunham… do you need more convincing? This podcast is clever, witty and honest. There isn’t a topic that Lena won’t dive into, from friendship, to losing her virginity, to work and love. Nothing is off limits.
- #MerryBiz – Infectious, crazy and loud summarises this podcast as hosted by our past guests Carla and Emma Papas, The Merrymaker sisters. #MerryBiz will inspired you to live your best life and show you what it takes to create an epic business from the world’s most exciting entrepreneurs. We love that Carla and Emma are totally relate-able, hilarious and open about their struggles at high school and beyond. These girls are passionate about cool people doing awesome things and we love them for it.
- The Good Work Revolution – Kate McCready is like the Oprah of the podcasting world. This podcast is easy to listen to without going over the top. Her topics range from careers, business, community, health and so much more.
- Future2 – Brought to you by the cool cats behind Collective Campus, Future2 is all about helping people tackle innovation in enterprise. WTF does that mean? Well its disruptive innovation. It’s all about doing things differently, not following the pack. We love how the host, Steve Glaveski actually dives into mindset techniques and give us tools to take charge and do things differently. Clever, really clever. We particularly love Episode #98: How to Prepare for and Kill It in 2017!
- Mamamia Out Loud – Ummmmm, so here is a little secret… If could catch up with one women daily and have a coffee it would be co-host, Monique Bowley – what a women. This podcast is weekly, which tickles all my fansies. It makes me feel smarter when I catch up with my “smart” friends. It’s often silly, but the conversations are real and relevant. Expect everything with this podcast, social commentary, pop culture. All the stuff that will make you smarter… trust me.
- How to Do Everything – Because you can totally do anything yourself, but sometimes you’re wondering… what’s the best way to never miss a meeting? Undo an email? Get published in The New York Times? Enter: this one stop shop for all of life’s random “how to” questions.
- Rocket – This one is for all of the nerds out there. Don’t be ashamed. Nerds make the world go round. Rocket is one of the few female-only tech podcasts out there. The three hosts, Warren, Brianna Wu and Simone de Rochefort don’t just review tech and gadgets. They also talk about comics, movies, games and books. As they say, “no galaxy is off limits.
- Office Hours with CollegeFashionista – Love fashion? Love makeup? Want to work in the industry? Well you will love Amy Levin. She interviews such cool, revolutionaries. We wish she did more. Expect to gain invaluable insights and inspiration on furthering your own career. Raw unfiltered. Get ready to get schooled on style. Love this podcast.
What do you think of the list? Have we missed any? Let us know in the comments below.